Sunday, February 19, 2012

Healthy Juicing Recipes


Finding healthy juicing recipes helps to create a little more variety in your fruit and veggie diet. Juicing raw food has become a new staple in my household.

My nephew has all of the common food allergies plus a few more. He isn't completely on solid foods yet and is a bit caution when trying something new. We found that by juicing we can get a better variety of food in him, and he really loves the juice!


For this healthy juicing recipe I used the following.
Note: It's best to buy organic when possible for juicing.
2 small cuties
1/2 cucumber
1 celery
1 pear
3 leaves red cabbage
2 carrots
3 apples

Place softest fruits/vegetables into juicer first then follow with the harder ones such as carrots and apples this will help to push everything through.

Currently I do not have a fancy juicer, I am using and old Hamilton that seems to work just fine for the moment.

If you have a picky eater in your household due to food allergies or not try juicing. I find that pears, apples and carrots help to add a sweet flavor so don't let the color scare you off : ) it's really tasty!

I hope you enjoy this recipe!

5 comments:

  1. Good idea, I have a very picky grandson, who I am always trying to get more healthy foods into. He doesn't have allergies but suffers from very poor skin, which at 5 he really shouldn't be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Medifast Success! I hope you grandson will enjoy this! My nephew is very very picky. If your grandson likes juice this is a great way to sneak other fruits and veggies in. We just started with a couple simple things like apples bananas and spinach and kept working in new stuff from there once he was comfortable with the juice.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Vincent!

    I visited petitchef.com and added my blog. I hope you and your member's enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This so spoke to me – I constantly oscillate between creating/consuming and feel guilty when my reading pile or my google reader backs up to the point of overload…I feel better after reading your post here. I guess a lot of us are in the same boat…I like your guidance to set aside time EVERY day to create though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Juicing definitely takes some time. But the benefits are well worth it. I use my blender for a quick smoothie when I don't have time to Juice. I figure it is a good compromise to make sure I get all of my fruits and vegetables for the day.

      Delete